Monday, May 25, 2015

Not all those who wander are lost

It's a dangerous business going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”  ~ J.R.R Tolkien 





Yes, I think I will quote many Lord of the Ring quotes in the future since I'm completely smitten with the trilogy. I'm reading the books and watching the movies again after watching all the Hobbit Movies. The only thing that bothered me a little was the fact that they actually ended with the hobbit movies. I honestly believe it would have been far more magical if they started with them. And yes, you can watch them in the correct order, but it's still not the same.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.” 
.
~ J.R.R Tolkien

"The last goodbye" sung by Billy Boyd is such a beautiful song and it's somehow so sad that the story ends, but I guess all stories come to an end and I can't deny that the series end with a touching farewell. Have you guys ever been obsessed about something, books, movies, artists, something you can hardly say farewell to?

Shoes: River Island - Skirt: New Look - Bag: Vintage 






Share:

8 comments

Sarah said...

Looking so gorgeous! I love the sweet details in this outfit, especially the cut out petals on your top. :)

Laura Jones said...

your outfit is lovely, you pretty gal! and yes to lotr! you can never read the books too many times or rewatch the films too often:-) that is definitely one of my favourite tolkien poems, and i do love the last goodbye as well, especially sung by billy boyd! xx

Unknown said...

Pretty outfit! I'm obsessed with The Lord of the Rings too! ^_^
xx
http://fuss.co.in/countdown/

Live-Style20 said...

so pretty look ; -))


new post

www.live-style20.blogspot.com

Jolijn said...

Wat een mooie outfit! Rood staat je echt goed :)

Ik heb afgelopen zomer ook de Lord of the Rings trilogy gelezen en gekeken, maar ik moet nog aan The Hobbit beginnen. Eerst mijn examens maar even afmaken. Ik was ook helemaal obsessed inderdaad, tot en met de Gollum imitaties aan toe, haha :0 Ik obsess (?) eigenlijk vrij snel over dingen. Disney, de boekenserie Hart van Inkt, de serie In de Naam van de Wind van Patrick Rothfuss, films, acteurs (JOHNNY DEPP)... enzovoorts.

Mooi dat ik niet de enige ben :D

Panty Buns said...

That J.R.R. Tolkien quote is beautiful, and so true. The second line reminded me of the definition of the not often used English word "peripatetic" which means walking or wandering about in the way of Aristotle. Believe it or not I have never watched the Hobbit movies or or read the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I'm thinking I should.
I love your red top with its Peter Pan collar and pretty crochet front. Your hair and lipstick are beautiful, and you look fabulous.

http://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/2015/05/institutionalised-police-racism-and.html

Rebecca said...

I do love the Hobbit and Lord of the Ring movies but you are right it is weird that the Hobbit movie was done last! LOL!
Love your adorable outfit! That top is so fabulous! I love that from cutout detail and the collar is so sweet!

Rebecca
www.winnipegstyle.ca

Unknown said...

nice outfits, however the pretty skirt ! Compliment to the photograph ! I love the quality of pictures ! ♥ ♥ ♥

© The Mad Twins | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig